Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vietnamese News Online

Since Vietnam is the country I chose for my country report, I did some research on the available news sources of and about Vietnam. I came across one online newspaper (newssite) that is called the Viet Nam News.

It looks very simple, has very few pictures, and whatever pictures are available, are tiny and not of great quality.

Life size picture on the Viet Nam News website:
Looks delicious, doesn't it? It's called Gai pan tod klua, Thai-style fried chicken.




Also, the website does not look very high-tech or modern, especially when compared to the new bbc.co.uk website, which you can personalize by changing colors, choosing which news topics will appear on the homepage, and also where each box is located.

Regardless, sometimes simplicity is key to organization and good oversight...

When I saw a link to an article about MTV Asia and their pop culture's recent boom, I clicked it. To my surprise, instead of reading about Vietnamese pop music, I was informed about the new Asian weight lifting champion,
Hoang Anh Tuan...
<-- That's Hoang Anh Tuan.



Guess Viet Nam News needs to be a bit more careful when setting up links and sites.

Just out of curiosity, has this ever happened to anyone on a different news website?

Regardless, they also have a section on the government in action, laws, and court cases, as well as a page for Ong Tao's Kitchen... Myum!


No comments: